smoothing your facial wrinkles
If you have questions call +1 (212) 749-1000
It does reduce or substantially eliminate the ability of this injected muscle to contract and produce overlying skin wrinkles. But it is not permanent. Your body metabolizes it in 3 to 4 months.
- Avoid excessively exfoliating your face
- Avoid NSAIDS on the day of your procedure.
- Inform your physician if you are on any blood thinners prior to your treatment.
- Don’t touch your skin where theBotox was injected. Avoid rubbing and massaging the treated area for 24 hours because you don’t want to make the Botox spread to other unintended muscles.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity.Avoid consuming large amounts of alcohol.Avoid getting facials, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, etc. for 24 hours.If you get a Botox bruise, topical arnica can help. Green or yellow concealers can also help cover up the bruises.
Call Manhattan MedSpa if you experience any side effects or complications from the Botox treatment.
- Notify physician if you are taking any blood thinning medication.
- Bruising with injections may occur. Avoid NSAIDS at least one week prior to and the day of PRP to minimize bruising risk and maximize platelet function. You may restart these the three days following micro needling.
- Area to be treated must be clean, and free of any lotion, makeup, and sunscreen. Please wash off completely prior to treatment.
- Accutane should be discontinued for a period of at least 6 months prior to and during any course of receiving treatment. Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac and similar retinoids should be avoided for oe week prior and after treatment until well healed.
- No area/s to be treated should receive any type of chemical or laser peel for two weeks prior and after treatment.
- Waxing and/or use of chemical depilatories should be avoided for two weeks prior and after treatment. Shaving is allowed immediately before treatment and 48-72 hours after treatment as long as there is no skin irritation.
- Notify the provider of any tattoos, including cosmetic tattooing, in the area to be treated as tattoos are usually avoided.
- During the course of your treatments, notify our staff of any relevant changes to your medical/health status.