Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
• Sun exposure and/or usage of a tanning bed, including self-tanning products must be avoided for a minimum of 1 week to minimize risk of post-treatment temporary dyspigmentation (darkening or lightening of the skin). If chosen a micro needling treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin.
• Notify physician if you are taking any blood thinning medication.
• Bruising with injections may occur. Avoid NSAIDS at least one week prior to and the day of PRP to minimize bruising risk and maximize platelet function. You may restart these the 3 days following micro needling.
• Area to be treated must be clean, and free of any lotion, makeup, and sunscreen. Please wash off completely prior to treatment.
• Accutane should be discontinued for a period of at least 6 months prior to and during any course of receiving treatment. Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac and similar retinoids should be avoided for 1 week prior and after treatment until well healed.
• No area/s to be treated should receive any type of chemical or laser peel for 2 weeks prior and after treatment.
• Waxing and/or use of chemical depilatories should be avoided for 2 weeks prior and after treatment. Shaving is allowed immediately before treatment and 48-72 hours after treatment as long as there is no skin irritation.
• Notify the provider of any tattoos, including cosmetic tattooing, in the area to be treated as tattoos are usually avoided.
• During the course of your treatments, notify our staff of any relevant changes to your medical/health status.
- Redness will occur and resolve within 1-3 days. The skin may feel tight, dry, swollen, and sensitive to the touch. The treated area/s may darken and flake away within 1 week.
- Avoid picking or exfoliating the area and allow old/dry/dead skin to flake off naturally.
- Starting on the evening of the treatment, wash your face gently with a mild cleanser followed by application of Serum/Creams (that nourishes new collagen). Avoid makeup for 24 hours and then you may return to your regular skin care routine when healed.
- Sun exposure must be avoided until healed (i.e. any skin redness and/or flaking away of skin is no longer present), usually 3-7 days. We recommend avoidance of the sun in all treated area/s, a protective hat and full spectrum sun block of SPF 30 or higher should be used when outside.
- Do not use exfoliating medications, chemicals, or non-recommended products on the treated areas for at least 1 week.
- Avoid exercise that causes sweating, jacuzzi, sauna, or steam baths for 3 days.
- Tylenol may be taken as necessary for discomfort. Ice packs may be used if desired to minimize swelling.
If any problems should occur after your treatment, inform a representative at our office immediately after a reaction has occurred or within 24 hours of any side effects.