At Manhattan MedSpa, we understand that smooth, even skin tone equals a healthy, beautiful you. Unfortunately, hyperpigmentation caused by many different factors can keep your skin from looking its best. We offer chemical treatments as well as laser and light-based technologies to rid your skin of dark patches and spots and even out your skin tone.
What is Hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation (or “dark spots”) is caused by the skin overproducing melatonin, a hormone that gives skin its color. Most of your melatonin is present at birth, but it can continue being produced after repeated sun exposure or as you get older. When too much melatonin is produced, it can make patches of skin appear darker than the rest. This is commonly seen on the face, arms, and legs, and can be made worse by sun exposure, hormone release during pregnancy, or even some medical conditions.
Types of Hyperpigmentation
- All that fun in the sun can cause some trouble! Sunspots are caused by prolonged sun exposure and usually appear on the face, arms, and legs. Sun exposure can also cause your freckles to be darker and more numerous.
- Skin inflammation caused by acne can result in patches of darkened skin on your face or body.
- Also known as chloasma or “pregnancy mask,” melasma usually appears as a large brown discoloration on the face and stomach during and immediately after pregnancy.
Although hyperpigmentation is usually harmless, it can be unsightly. Luckily, Manhattan MedSpa offers several hyperpigmentation treatment options to remove dark spots and even out skin tone.
Chemical Peel and Microdermabrasion
- Chemical peels are a non-invasive way to reverse uneven skin tone. Our experts will apply the chemical peel, which then gently peels away the top layer of your skin, revealing fresh, rejuvenated skin underneath.
- Microdermabrasion exfoliates your top layer of skin and helps it to shed, removing dark spots and revealing fresh, beautiful skin underneath.
Laser Dark Spot Removal
- Our laser cosmetic procedures use intense pulsed light to target problem dark spots, revealing fresh, beautiful skin and promoting collagen growth and skin tightening.
How Long Does it Take?
The number of treatments can vary depending on the type of treatment. Chemical peels can produce results in as little as 1 treatment. Laser dark spot removal can take as little as 1-3 treatments to see results.
Isn’t it Expensive?
Chemical peels start at $150 per treatment. Laser dark spot removal cost starts at $200 per treatment. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation!
Great fast and clean service! The entire office, in general, is very welcoming and sweet. It was my first time getting any type of procedure done. Will be back!Samantha C., CustomerBeauty Treatment
Wonderful experience. Dr. Ivchenko made me look 20 years younger in just 30 minutes and with no pain. The entire staff was a pleasure.Juliette FairleyPlatelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
The place it's really nice. The staff were very polite and friendly. Pola explained the procedure and what to expect after. She also gave me a free hunder harm's treatment!!! I will definitely recommend this place and buy from them in the future!Natalie R.Juvéderm