You’ve been around the block a time or two, but your face doesn’t have to show it. Botox® treatment can temporarily erase frown lines, crows’ feet, and forehead lines with a quick, non-surgical procedure that requires no downtime. The result is subtle, yet predictable – years are taken off your face in a matter of minutes!
Botox Cosmetic and Botox (made by Allergan) have 6 U.S. FDA label approvals, including treatment of expression lines/facial wrinkles and hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). When injected by a properly qualified and trained medical professional in an appropriate medical setting, U.S. FDA-approved. Botox Cosmetic is an extremely safe treatment.
Botox blocks the ability of the stimulating nerve to cause contraction of the injected muscle. This does not result in permanent paralysis. It does reduce or substantially eliminate the ability of this injected muscle to contract and produce overlying skin wrinkles. But it is not permanent. Your body metabolizes it in 3 to 4 months.
- Avoid excessively exfoliating your face
- Avoid NSAIDS on the day of your procedure.
- Inform your physician if you are on any blood thinners prior to your treatment.
- Don’t touch your skin where theBotox was injected. Avoid rubbing and massaging the treated area for 24 hours because you don’t want to make the Botox spread to other unintended muscles.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity.Avoid consuming large amounts of alcohol.Avoid getting facials, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, etc. for 24 hours.If you get a Botox bruise, topical arnica can help. Green or yellow concealers can also help cover up the bruises.
Call Manhattan MedSpa if you experience any side effects or complications from the Botox treatment.